Yuelu Academy

Hexi Stand

In Qiandao 3rd year South Song Dynasty (A.D.1167), Zhu Xi and Zhang Shi ever watched the sunrise in the peak of the Mt Yuelu and built the “Hexi Stand”, then changed its name into proscenium. Daoguang 1st year (1821), scolar Ouyang Houjun changed the name “Hexi Stand” again in order to remain his tracing. “Hexi” refers to the meaning of sunrise and promising.